Sitting on the couch tonight with my family. I had one of those "everything in slow motion" moments. As I watched Eron playing with Braxton in the floor and listening to his beautiful laugh and then I saw Zoe scamper away from them giggling in her sweet way... I thought WOW! If only I could bottle moments like this. There are so many moments in our life that are consumed with chaos that these small quiet moments are so worth the "slow down."
In the past year, looking back on things, we have seen more crazy, scary times than we care to have in our life time. Brac has been so sick and near death that we would rather not remember those moments.
I look back at the hustle and bustle of the Monday that we found out he had cancer and I think "man, I would have taken an ear infection anyday"
Then there are those moments that make us think "WOW"! Like Braxton officially being in remission. Or the day that our precious Zoe was born. Or that she is already 1! Or like the day we got married almost 8 years ago!
I look back on all these moments and many many others and I think... life isn't that bad, and I know that it could be much more "chaotic". Our kids are what makes our world go round. When we are having a bad day, Brac says something that makes us laugh and it is all forgotten. Or Zoe smiles at us with that precious grin that she has and we think about how good we really do have it.
So this is how the cookie crumbles....
To help pass the time that I have here at home I have signed up to volunteer for a few of the organizations that have so generously helped us out. The first one is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am really excited about it. I am a HUGE advocate for cancer research I know there is a cure out there, if they will only look a little harder. Please help support your local LLS and any cancer research for that matter.
Bowz 2 Toez is on it's way. Eron has sooooo generously donated part of his manly Barber shop to us ladies to use. He jokingly said "I guess we can change the name to Tree City Barber Shop and Bows" I said "wonderful idea". We are excited, a couple nights a week away from the hustle and bustle of the kiddos just us the coffee pot and some up beat music to keep us going. And we can sew and hot glue our fingers to the bone...WOO HOO! We are sure to have a great time. I have been working on a website for the shop and Jamie is setting up the FB page so more to come on that as we get the ball rolling
So until we meet again. Keep your head up and remember to enjoy the simple things like Cake Coffee and Chatting with friends
Toodles ya'll
Wow...what a great and powerful post!!! Your blog is inspirational. Thank's for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!!!! I'm your newest follower!!! :-)
ReplyDelete