Monday morning I went to the hospital after contracting all through the night. By 8am I was so tired and miserable that I thought for sure something had to be going on. So, off to the hospital I went. After being put on the monitor and getting a bag of fluid it was chalked up to pre-labor and I was sent home and told to follow up in the office on Tuesday.
SO... Tuesday I saw the doctor and after he checked me (I was still just one) he decided that because I was so miserable with back pain that I should probably go ahead with an induction since I was right at 39 weeks. This was something that I really didn't want to do because after 2 inductions I decided that they were not my favorite thing to do and that I would have much rather labored at home and went in when the time was right. But doctors orders are doctors orders.
Sometimes, we just have to listen to the little "pushes" that we get in life. I only prayed for a healthy baby and that God would place his hand on us.
We got to the hospital Friday morning at 6am and they started on me right away. I was put on the monitor, checked (still only a 1) and the pitocin was started. I began the long process of laboring.... stuck in the bed... laboring. Dr. Brown came in and broke my water about 7 and then we waited... and waited .... and waited.
OK, probably didn't wait that long but it seems like forever when you are hooked up to machines and you want to meet this little person that you have been "growing" for 9 months.
8 hours later....
After pushing for 3 minutes, he entered the world.... nameless, but none the less, here.
I love my doctor, he's so cool and calm and collected, but my experience in OB taught me that when the doctor starts talking to the nurses under his breath that something is out of the ordinary. Come to find out my sweet little boy had the cord wrapped around his neck 2 times. It was loose enough that it didn't cause him any distress but still .... scary to know. I keep thinking what would have happened had we waited.
Eron and I have "debated" literally for months over a name. We thought that for sure we would have something figured out by the time that we had him. Well, 6 hours after he was born we still had NOTHING!! I am assuming that the more kids you have the harder it gets to name them. That is the case with us for sure.
As he was leaving the hospital I got a text from him and so our nameless "baby Omega" was properly named. :)
Introducing ... Alexander Blake Adkins
born June 14th 2013
at 3:15 pm
Weighing 7lbs 1.6oz
19 1/2 inches long
He is truly a blessing and in many ways a miracle.
I am glad that I listened and that with the guidance of a MIGHTY GOD, he was born with no complications.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday was a big day in our house.... It was also our anniversary.... 10 YEARS!!!
It's so hard to believe that we have already been married 10 years, that we now have 4 beautiful children and that we have literally grown up as much as we have.
SO, to the love of my life....Happy Anniversary and thanks for being such a wonderful, husband, father, provider and leader of our home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND... it was also my wonderful Mother-in-laws birthday. Through the years she has truly become one of my dearest friends. I love her so much and I am blessed to have her in my life. Thanks for sharing your day yet again mom, hope it was a wonderful birthday.
We love you.
The proud big sister, the one and ONLY princess in this house.
She looked down at him and said "we shall call you Peter Pan", she is so funny.
She is spending a few days at Papaw and Nana's, she needed to get away from "stinky boy territory".
No comments:
Post a Comment