I am now officially a mama of 3!
I'll have to admit, it's not as difficult as I had imagined. I think a lot of my apprehension was just bringing him home and introducing him to the kids. I especially was worried about Zoe. Being just 22 months old, I was afraid that she would not adjust well to the new addition. There have been a few moments that she has "acted out" but nothing major.
I can't believe that a week has already passed. He is just the sweetest baby. He had his one week check up and he is doing well. He's almost back to his birth weight of 7lbs 6oz... only an ounce shy on Wednesday but I am sure that he has exceeded that in the last couple of days. He's a very good eater. :)
He is still so tiny. He can barely fit into the few newborn clothes that we have for him. He's much smaller than my other 2 were and I guess, in my subconscious, I am remembering that.
At his one week visit, while the doctor was examining him, they do this thing were they roll their hip out trying to feel if the hip will go back into place. Well, Caleb's having a little bit of popping in his hip. So this is sending us to Cincinnati Children's for an ultrasound of the hip. His pediatricians says that if it is a problem then it can be fixed in infancy with a harness but if it were to be ignored and then found to be a problem when he was 1 or 2 it would result in surgery.... oh boy!!!
So any who, we are scheduled for an US in a few weeks and we are praying that it is nothing and that the doctors "99% sure it's nothing" is right. He just said with something like this 99% just isn't good enough. I am thankful for a thorough doctor.
I do believe that this past 2 weeks was easier just because my mom and little sister were here for a visit. I do miss them so much and I look so forward to their visits. Ginny and I laughed and talked "baby stuff". I am excited that Caleb and her baby boy will be so close in age.
| Gammy and the monkeys |
Tonight we are going to have Brac's "send off party" for his Disney trip in 2 weeks. I have never seen him so excited. He's so cute. I do believe that this is a trip well deserved.
So for now... I am enjoying be a mama to 2 wonderful little boys and one cute and spunky little girl. I feel complete. I couldn't imagine anything that would make me happier. A piece of cake might add a little icing and maybe a Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Frapachino :)
I just thought this was the sweetest pic and I had to share
No comments:
Post a Comment